HR Manager https://bit.ly/HRMGvilleSC
The HR Manager manages and drives HR Operations at two manufacturing plants in SC and PA: handles employee relations, processes employee claims, manages all processes related to the employee lifecycle, drives plant-based employee engagement initiatives. Is expected to also be a strategic HR business partner by consulting and shaping decisions related to Talent Management, Organizational Structure, Organizational Effectiveness at the two plants.
- Responsible for implementing and continuously improving all policies, procedures, and programs around employee relations at the two sites
- Develops programs to enhance employee engagement, improve relations and offers employee support
- Mediator, counselor, and facilitator in arbitrating disputes between employees and their supervisors and managers
- Educates and trains supervisors and employees on policies, processes and guidelines in alignment with the regional HR strategy
- Manages personnel transactions including hiring, terminations, disciplining, managing performance, etc.
- Manages employee data and HR systems, maintaining them updated
- Prepares and processes various weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Overall management of the Benefit program including retiree benefits. This includes transactional activities, as well as, presentations for Open Enrollment to all employees.
- Performs special projects and assignments as required.
- Administers Family Medical Leave Act in accordance with federal law
- Manages Benefit and Retiree records and make any changes or improvements needed.
- Administers all benefit plans, which include health, life, STD, 401K, Pension Plans.
- Supports with the deployment of safety programs
- Manages Workers Compensation paperwork, appointments, and tracking WC absences. Advises managers on claims management, claim disputes etc.
- Administer unemployment claims
- Maintain employee files (medical, I’9, personnel)
- Communicates and tracks corporate compliance programs
HR Business Partnering:
- Proactively seeks to understand business needs and propose proactive solutions to address business needs
- Counsels and advises the site and functional business leaders on matters related to Talent Management, Succession Planning, Training and Development, Feedback and Coaching and Promotion decisions
- Shapes and manages Employee Engagement initiatives, Communication plans, and morale boosting activities
Minimum Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resource Management or related field (Organizational Development, Business, etc.). 2-3 years of experience as an HR generalist. Comprehensive understanding of local, state and federal employment laws. Exceptional interpersonal communication and relationship-building skills.
- Must be able to travel at least 20% of their time to the sister plant and demonstrate great remote working ethics, while servicing the site remotely.
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to move up into managerial capacity.
- General knowledge of employment law
- Be abreast on HR policies and procedures; on-going education in HR field to keep up with federal/state/local changes
- Maintain personnel confidentiality
- Must be proficient in Excel and Word. Capable in PowerPoint
- Must be able to work with subordinates, peers and superiors in all departments and outside the company
- Must be able to follow the company’s safety, ethics, sexual harassment, discrimination and general employee policies
- Occasionally perform tasks not described in this job description in order to meet the requirements of this position
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated teamwork and leadership abilities are also essential
- Must be a US Person as defined by 22CFR120.15.
Additional Requirements and Physical Demands:
Must be able to work sitting, for extended periods of time, up to 8 hours per day. Must be able to use a computer for extended periods of time, with appropriate breaks, up to 8 hours per day. Must be comfortable walking the plant floor and engaging with production employees and first line supervisors.
This job description does not state or imply that all duties to be performed are specifically identified above. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested or instructed by an authorized person of the Company
MORGAN ADVANCED MATERIALS PLC
Morgan Advanced Materials plc is a global engineering company headquartered in Windsor, UK and listed on the London Stock Exchange.
The company is a world-leader in advanced materials science and engineering of ceramics, carbon and composites. We operate in a series of well-defined markets where our applications expertise offers our customers a valuable differentiator, engineering high-specification materials, components and sub-assembly parts that solve their challenging technical problems.