HR MANAGER - https://bit.ly/HRMHayward
OVERVIEW & SCOPE OF ROLE
The HR Manager is responsible for all people based activity within our Hayward site supporting both entities from both an operational and strategic perspective. The HRM will act as the HR Business Partner to both the businesses at the site to implement People and Organization plans which support the business and where necessary, support organizational changes.
- Provide professional advice and guidance on all HR matters to the local managers ensuring compliance with Morgan corporate policies and statutory regulations. To coach managers on putting the advice into practice.
- Support the local implementation of the Talent Management process to ensure the right talent is available to meet the business agenda.
- Performs recruitment activities, interviews, and evaluates candidates for select positions.
- Implement training & development programs using a breadth of tools and techniques to meet the skill gaps identified.
- To ensure incentive plan administration is completed to required standards.
- To review employee files and employment contracts to ensure that all required documentation is held.
- Audit locations to ensure compliance with legislative requirements.
- Manage policies and procedures to minimize risk to the organisation.
- To be committed to the Group-wide ethics and compliance program, The Morgan Code; ensuring a common approach to doing business the right way and adhering at all times to the core elements of the program - values, policies/guidance, training/education and compliance risk assessment.
- Ensure smooth, open and trustful relations with the local union (1 entity)
- Ensure direct communication with Employees so that the Employee representative’s bodies are not the sole channel of communication.
- Keep up to date with labor law and drives the labor law agenda on sites.
- Act as a resource for Payroll/HR contacts to ensure their understanding and compliance with benefit and HR policies and regulations.
- Keeps management advised of potential problem areas and recommends/implements solutions as appropriate.
- Strives to ensure employee understanding of benefit programs by, regularly generating communication and counselling employees/dependents as situations arise. Resolves employee complaints related to health and welfare plans.
- Administers health and welfare plans including enrollments and terminations. Processes required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record keeping and proper deductions.
- Conducts new employee orientations to ensure employees gain an understanding of benefit plans and enrollment provisions. Counsels employees (and potential employees/applicants) on plan provisions so that individuals can make informed benefit decisions. This includes all levels of employees including executives.
- Manages annual open enrollment period during 4th quarter of each year. Arranges for distribution of materials from carriers, assists with communicating changes to employees.
- Maintains Human Resource Information System records and compiles reports from database.
EXPERIENCE & BACKGROUND
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in business, human resources, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- At least 5 years’ experience as a HR Generalist ideally operating within the Manufacturing industry with multi-site experience. Experience in a large multinational organisation is preferable
- Minimum of three years of experience administering employee benefit plans in the health and welfare areas. Experience administering 401 (k) retirement programs.
- Must have computer skills and the ability to learn HRIS system. Proficient in MS Office. Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Familiarity with COBRA, ERISA, FMLA and related state and federal regulations required.
- Capacity to proactively drive change within the business
- An excellent understanding of US and Californian employment law.
- Excellent communication skills that focus on simplicity and clarity of presentation, both written and oral.
- Strong inter-personal skills with the ability to work with a diverse team in terms of seniority, function and culture
- Able to influence people at all levels of the organisation and secure their buy in and commitment.
- An ability to demonstrate resilience in achieving goals/targets.
- Attention to detail and an ability to deliver to the highest standard, within rigid timeframes and according to our policies.
- Union experience including grievances and negotiations.
Demonstrates the Morgan Values
- Integrity – Can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner. Is widely trusted
- Collaboration – Works cooperatively with and through others to get things done
- Innovation – Is always looking for new ways to do things
- Ambition – Has the aspiration to believe our business can become more than it is today
- Safety – Role models safe behaviours – leads others to ThinkSafe
MORGAN ADVANCED MATERIALS PLC
Morgan Advanced Materials plc is a global engineering company headquartered in Windsor, UK and listed on the London Stock Exchange.
The company is a world-leader in advanced materials science and engineering of ceramics, carbon and composites. We operate in a series of well-defined markets where our applications expertise offers our customers a valuable differentiator, engineering high-specification materials, components and sub-assembly parts that solve their challenging technical problems.
Key Figures: Revenue - £1,033.9m (2018), headcount c.9000 employees, manufacturing in excess of 30 countries and trading in more than 100 countries.
Engineered Ceramics and Metals (global business under Technical Ceramics division)
The Engineered Ceramics and Metals Business of Morgan Advanced Materials is a renowned supplier of high performance ceramic components comprising of Alumina, Zirconia, CVD SiC, ceramic coatings and metallized ceramics. The Advanced Ceramics and Metals Business also produces high purity vacuum grade precious metal braze alloys and active braze alloys. Additionally, we produce brazed assemblies, with expertise in joining a wide range of materials for success in the most demanding applications.
The Hayward site comprises approximately 200 employees and covers both the separate entities of Engineered Ceramics Hayward and Metals Hayward.