Click here for more details, and to apply.
Do you value others, have high work standards, and enjoy influencing how people within an organization learn and grow? The Department of Ecology is looking for a training and development professional who is a creative problem solver and works well in a fast-paced, customer-focused work environment. If this sounds like you, come and be a part of a public service agency that is focused on being the leader in protecting, preserving, and enhancing the environment for the people in our Evergreen State.
We are a medium sized agency with 1600+ employees operating through-out Washington State. We employ a talented group of people who are passionate about our land, air, and water.
Our Human Resources Office (HRO) in Lacey, WA is looking to fill a Senior Training Consultant 4: Lead for Training Unit and LMS Administrator position. This position contributes to meeting the mission of the agency and the HRO by providing expert knowledge of agency required and highly recommended training services including planning and monitoring the Core Training Program (Core) budget. This includes providing expert level advice on how to best utilize on-line learning to accomplish learning objectives, developing and implementing on-line learning in support of agency required training, providing expert level knowledge of Washington State's Learning Management System (LMS), and providing advice and consultation to agency management, HR Consultants, and agency staff.
We are a culture that is focused on making a difference with leadership that encourages innovative partnerships, embraces the value of people, and believes in the fun factor. We invest in our employees to create and sustain a working environment that promotes creative leadership, effective resource management, teamwork, professionalism, and accountability.
The mission of Ecology's Human Resources Office (HRO) is to develop successful employees, promote healthy and productive relationships, ensure a safe work environment and recruit great talent to achieve Ecology's mission.
This key leadership position works to achieve high quality service delivery of Core, required, and highly recommended training services through-out the state. In order to accomplish this, the successful candidate:
This recruitment will remain open until filled. The initial screening will be January 28, 2020. In order to be considered for the initial screening, please submit an application on or before January 27, 2020. The agency reserves the right to make an appointment any time after the initial screening date
- Provides leadership and direction for the structure, administration, and performance of the training unit to ensure easy access to high quality agency training services.
- Facilitates the problem solving process to address issues and communicate solutions to customers and stakeholders.
- Organizes and leads weekly training huddles. Ensures each huddles has a clear agenda, and guides the development of the agenda based on business/ staff need.
- Organizes, coordinates, and facilitates weekly Team Debriefs and one-on-one meetings with individual training staff to ensure assigned work is accomplished.
- Assists with the hiring, onboarding, and supervising of training team staff.
- Assists with the screening and selection process.
- Instructs, coaches, develops, and mentors training staff.
- Assigns and schedules work, and assists with performance evaluations.
- Works with the training team and HR management to optimize training services including the selection and on-boarding of new Training Service Providers.
- Partners with the Training and Development Section Manager and the agency Contracts Section to effectively complete DES Tier 2 bids, RFQQ and/or RFP opportunities for agency Core Training Program services.
- Serves as the SharePoint site owner for the Training and Development site.
- Works to continuously improve the site.
- Uses the site to improve HR business processes.
- Serves as the Agency LMS (Learning Management System) Administrator.
- Works to maintain and enhance the agency's use of the LMS.
- Delivers insight to agency learning via custom reports to managers and supervisors to empower them to manage the continuous development of the agency's workforce.
- Trains other system administrators and users throughout the agency on LMS functionality.
- Troubleshoots second tier LMS technical support for Ecology HR staff, employees, supervisors, managers and executives.
- Serves as Ecology's main point of contact for Department of Enterprise Services for the LMS.
- Represents Ecology's interests to state-wide LMS governance groups.
- Provides Training Service Consulting.
- Coordinates and/or oversees workforce development projects that support agency initiatives; oversees and supports the creation and management of project timelines to deliver training services and programs; assists the Training and Development Section Manager to ensure that expected results are achieved within the specified timeframe.
.Please do NOT include your salary history. Wage/salary depends on qualifications or rules of promotion, if applicable.
Bachelor's Degree with a focus on business, human resources, social or organizational behavioral sciences or related field.AND
Three (3) years of broad-based professional human resources experience that includes any of the following:
- Recent training and/or workforce development HR service experience,
- Facilitating organizational development and/or change experience,
- Advising and consulting on complex human resource issues.
Equivalent education / experience.
Click here for more details, and to apply.
- 3 years of recent work experience on the learning & development team and/or department.
- 3 years of work experience in project management; complex, large scale and innovative technology projects.
- 2 years of recent experience developing and managing internal and external key stakeholder relationships.
- 1 year of work experience managing or implementing enterprise-wide learning systems (LMS).
- 1 year of work experience implementing an LMS system within Washington state government.
- I year of experience procuring training solutions or vendors.
- 2 years of work experience in facilitating training workshops
- Knowledge of adult learning theory with effective application in a business setting.
- 3 years of work experience with Learning Management Systems (web-based SumTotal Maestro preferred).
- 1-2- years of work experience with web-based content and collaboration tools such as SharePoint.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.