TERMS & RULES AGREEMENT
LAST UPDATED: May 15, 2019
This Terms & Rules agreement (the T&R) applies to any and all visitors or users of this site and all sites owned and/or managed by Next D Media, LLC., doing business as “Next Dimension Media,” including but not limited http://www.nextdmedia.com , http://www.thelinkedcampus.com , http://www.linkedhr.com , http://www.theleadercampus.com , http://www.linkedenergy.net , and http://www.linkedseattle.com (collectively, “the Website”) and to their associated online communities and LinkedIn groups, including but not limited to, Linked:HR, Linked:Campus, The Leader Campus®, Linked:Energy, and Linked:Seattle (collectively, the Community), and to all the services offered through the Website or to the Community (collectively, the Services). The T&R means this T&R and all materials referred or linked to herein.
For the purposes of the T&R, unless otherwise noted, all references to “we,” “us,” or “our” means the Website and is applicable to the Services. “you” or “your” means you and anybody using the Services. The T&R protects our interests, goodwill, and reputation, as well as the interests, goodwill, and reputation of the third-party service providers who help us provide some or all elements of the Services (the Service Provider or, collectively, the Service Providers). These terms are so important that you cannot use the Website and any of the Services unless you agree to them:
BY USING THE SITE, YOU AGREE TO THE T&R; IF YOU DO NOT AGREE, DO NOT USE THE SERVICES.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify, add or remove portions of the T&R, at any time. It is your responsibility to check the T&R periodically for changes. Your continued use of the Website following the posting of changes will mean that you accept and agree to the changes. As long as you comply with the T&R, we grant you a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited privilege to enter and use the Website and join the Community.
We will enforce and ensure compliance with the T&R by using methods we consider to be appropriate. If you violate the T&R you will be held responsible.
The content contained on the Website have been provided through or disclosed by use of the Services, whether by us, our members, or other users of the Services (collectively, the Content), is owned, controlled or licensed by or to us, and is protected by the copyright, patent and trademark laws, and various other intellectual property rights and unfair competition laws.
Except as expressly provided in the T&R, no part of the Website and no Content may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, publicly displayed, encoded, translated, transmitted or distributed in any way (including "mirroring") to any other computer, server, website or other medium for publication or distribution or for any commercial enterprise, without our express prior written consent.
When the T&R authorizes you to use a content you do not own, you shall (1) not remove any proprietary notice language in all copies of such information, (2) use such information only for your personal, non-commercial informational purposes and not copy or post such information on any networked computer or broadcast it in any media, (3) make no modifications to any such information, and (4) not make any additional representations or warranties relating to such information.
Content does not include “Your Content,” meaning the content, text, graphics, images, data, information, user interfaces, visual interfaces, photographs, trademarks, logos, sounds, music, artwork and computer code provided through or disclosed by use of the Services, by you.
ACCESS TO THE SERVICES
We will provide you access to the Services according to the T&R. Certain parts of the Services may require you to open an account. We may use a Service Provider to provide some or all elements of the Services. In order to access and use the Services, you may be required to establish a username with Service Providers, and you grant us the right to share the information necessary to enable your use of the Services with these Service Providers.
You may not use a username that: (i) belongs to someone else, (ii) impersonates another person, (iii) is misleading, (iv) violates any intellectual property or other proprietary rights, (v) is vulgar or offensive, (vi) uses any of our company’s brand names as all or part of it, unless we provide express permission to do so, or (vii) we reject, which we may choose to do in our discretion. All information you provide in your profile must be accurate.
You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the information you hold for your account, including your password, and for any and all activities that occur under your account as a result of your failing to keep this information secure and confidential. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or password, or any other breach of security. You may be held liable for losses incurred by us or any other user of or visitor to the Website or the Community due to someone else using your username, password or account as a result of your failing to keep your account information secure and confidential.
You may not use anyone else’s username, password or account at any time without the express permission and consent of the holder of that username, password or account. We cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with these obligations.
Additionally, by using the Website, you acknowledge and agree that Internet transmissions are never completely private or secure. You understand that any message or information you send to the Website may be read or intercepted by others, even if there is a special notice that a particular transmission (for example, credit card information) is encrypted.
YOUR USE OF THE SITE
You may not use the Website, the Services, or Content for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by the T&R, or to solicit the performance of any illegal activity or other activity which infringe our rights and the rights of our employees, partners, Service Providers, Community members, or others.
You may not (directly or indirectly) use the Services in a manner that disclose "Classified Information,” meaning restricted, confidential, secret and top secret government information.
You may not (directly or indirectly) use the Services in a manner that disclose “Sensitive Information,” meaning confidential, proprietary or any data that must be protected from unauthorized access to safeguard the privacy or security of its owner, such as :
- Personally Identifiable Information (PII) that can be traced back to an individual and that, if disclosed, could result in harm to that person, including, but not limited to biometric data, medical information, personally identifiable financial information (PIFI), and unique identifiers such as passport or Social Security numbers.
- Sensitive business information, including, but not limited to confidential but limited to trade secrets, acquisition plans, financial data and supplier and customer information, and methods of protecting corporate information.
You agree that you will not take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of the Website, Services, or our systems or networks, or any systems or networks connected to the Website, Services, or to us.
You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion or feature of the Website, Services, or any other systems or networks connected to the Website or to any of our server, or to the Services, by hacking, password "mining" or any other illegitimate means.
You may not probe, scan or test the vulnerability of the Website or any network connected to the Website, nor breach the security or authentication measures on the Website or any network connected to the Website. You may not reverse look-up, trace or seek to trace any information on any other user of or visitor to the Website, or our customers, or member’s account not owned by you, to its source, or exploit the Website or any service or information made available or offered by or through the Website, in any way where the purpose is to reveal any information, including but not limited to personal identification or information, other than your own information, as provided for by the Website.
You agree not to use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website or any transaction being conducted on the Website, or with any other person’s use of the Website.
You may not forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any message or transmittal you send to us on or through the Website or any service offered on or through the Website. You may not pretend that you are, or that you represent, someone else, or impersonate any other individual or entity.
You may not use any "deep-link," "page-scrape," "robot," "spider," or other automatic device, program, algorithm or methodology, or any similar or equivalent manual process, to access, acquire, copy or monitor any portion of the Website or any Content, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Website or any Content, to obtain or attempt to obtain any materials, documents or information through any means not purposely made available through the Website. We reserve the right to bar any such activity.
YOUR CONTENT & CONDUCT
Community Guidelines: Our Community is meant to provide all professionals with a virtual place to meet, interact, and share ideas with each other. For the benefit of our million and hundreds of thousands of members, there are a few guidelines we hope will result in a pleasant experience for all:
- Participate! There are lots of ways you can engage with the Community: Posting, liking, sharing, following, inviting and assisting other members, and inviting your friends and peers to use the Services;
- Be kind, polite, respectful, professional, and constructive;
- Unless indicated otherwise, post and comment only in English, as the Community is global and group members and managers must be able to understand all postings.
- Only post content in the right category, such as conversations in LinkedIn group conversations, resources in resource board, events in event calendar, promotions in promotion board, and jobs in job boards
- Follow the rules that are specific to the Community forum in which you post, as well as the Service Providers we are using (i.e. LinkedIn). Strictly abide by all “Acceptable Use” listed in section b, hereafter, and the entire T&R.
- You will use the Services for its intended purpose only, and will not use it for solicitation or advertising purposes, unless we otherwise agree.
- Your Content will follow the “YOUR CONTENT & CONDUCT” section.
- As the Community is meant for public discussions, so you may not disclose or solicit anyone's private information or disclose confidential information.
- You are responsible for the use by third parties of any personal information disclosed by you to the Services, whether or not you permitted such use. This means that no private or personal information should be exchanged within the Services. If you include your contact information or a link to a URL where your contact information is available, you grant us and all members the right to use your shared contact information, further share your information with trusted partners so that they may contact you about inbound marketing or sales service offerings.
- You are not permitted to sell, rent, lease, assign, sublicense, distribute, transmit, broadcast, commercially exploit, grant a security interest in, or otherwise transfer any right in the Services or Content.
In addition, and without limiting the other requirements in the T&R, you may not (directly or indirectly) use the Services with content, or in a manner that:
- is in violation of the T&R;
- discloses or solicits the private information of any person;
- is threatening, abusive, harassing, stalking, or defamatory;
- is deceptive, false, misleading or fraudulent;
- is invasive of another's privacy or otherwise violates another’s legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity);
- contains vulgar, obscene, indecent or unlawful material;
- infringes a third party's intellectual property right(s);
- publishes, posts, uploads, or otherwise distributes any software, music, videos, or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy or publicity) unless you have all necessary rights and consents to do so;
- uploads files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another person's computer;
- downloads any file that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in that way;
- falsifies or deletes any author attributions, legal or proprietary designations, labels of the origin or source of software, or other material contained in a file that is uploaded;
- restricts or inhibits any other user of the Services from using and enjoying our Website and/or Services;
- harvests or otherwise collects information about others, including email addresses, without their consent;
- damages, disables, overburdens, impairs our Website or Services, or interferes with any other party's use and enjoyment of the Services;
- mirrors or frames the Services website, or any part of it, on any other website or webpage;
- attempts to gain unauthorized access to the Services, or access the Services by any means other than through the interface that we provide to you;
- violates the usage standards or rules of an entity affected by your use, including without limitation, any ISP, ESP, or news or user group (and including, by way of example, and not limitation, circumventing or exceeding equipment use rights and restrictions and/or location and path identification detail);
- is legally actionable between private parties; and/or
- is in violation of any applicable law or regulation.
Suspension and Notice of Violations. We may immediately suspend use of the Services, without notice, for actual or suspected violations of the terms contained in this YOUR CONTENT & CONDUCT section. If you know of usage that is in violation of the T&R, please let us know by contacting us through the Website’s “Contact Us” or the email listed in the LinkedIn group description. In your message, please indicate the name of our online forum or LinkedIn group where the violation occurred, as well as the URL and the screen copy of the violating post.
Claims of Copyright Infringement.
We respect the intellectual property rights of others, and we ask our users to do the same. We may, in our sole discretion, suspend the access or terminate the accounts of users who violate others' intellectual property rights. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes infringement on our website, please let us know by contacting us through the Website’s “Contact Us” or the email listed in the LinkedIn group description. In your message, please indicate the name of our online forum or LinkedIn group where the Copyright Infringement occurred, as well as the URL and the screen copy of the copyright infringing post.
Our Use of Your Content: You only grant us those rights, licenses and permissions necessary to display, reproduce, disseminate, and otherwise use Your Content in connection with the operation of the Services, within the Website or within the Community. We may edit or remove Your Content, or block or disable replies on a topic, at any time in our sole discretion.
You are not granted a license to any software by the T&R. The Website, Content, and Services are protected by intellectual property laws, they belong to and are the property of us or our licensors, and we or our licensors retain all ownership rights to the property Rights. Our trademarks include, but are not limited to our brands using a ™ and you may not use any of these without our prior written permission. We encourage you to comment on the Services, provide suggestions for improving them, and vote on suggestions you like. You agree that all such comments and suggestions will be non-confidential and that we own all rights to use and incorporate them into the Website and Services without payment or attribution to you.
Third-party products, services and websites (“Third-Party Services”) are not under our control and are provided to you only as a convenience, and the availability of any Third-Party Services does not mean we endorse, support or warranty the Third-Party Services.
TERM & TERMINATION
Term: The T&R will apply for as long as you use or maintain a username for the Services.
Termination and Suspension: We may terminate the T&R and/or suspend your access to the Services immediately if you: (i) violate any of the terms of the T&R, (ii) use the Services in a way which has or may negatively reflect on or affect us, our interests, goodwill, and reputation, or (iii) if we determine it to be necessary or desirable in our sole discretion. We are not obligated to provide you with any of Your Content used in connection with the Services after termination. Termination or expiration of the T&R shall not cause your subscription agreement to be terminated, if you have one.
REPRESENTATIONS & WARRANTIES
You represent and warrant that: (i) your participation in the Services will not conflict with any of your existing agreements or arrangements, (ii) you have sufficient rights to share all Your Content with us for our use and with other users of the Services, and that you are not violating any confidentiality obligations by submitting Your Content to the Services, and (iii) that Your Content does not violate or constitute the infringement of any intellectual property right, right of privacy, right of publicity or other proprietary right.
You will indemnify, defend and hold us harmless, at your expense, against any third-party claim, suit, action, or proceeding (each, an "Action") brought against us (and our officers, directors, employees, agents, service providers, administrators, group/community/forum management team, licensors, and affiliates) by a third party to the extent that such Action is based upon or arises out of a) your use of the Services, (b) your disclosure or solicitation of personal information, (c) any use of personal information that you disclosed, whether this use is by you or a third party, (d) your noncompliance with or breach of the T&R, or (e) your use of Third-Party Services.
We will notify you in writing within thirty (30) days of our becoming aware of any such claim; give you sole control of the defense or settlement of such a claim; and provide you (at your expense) with any and all information and assistance reasonably requested by you to handle the defense or settlement of the claim. You shall not accept any settlement that (i) imposes an obligation on us; (ii) requires us to make an admission; or (iii) imposes liability not covered by these indemnifications or places restrictions on us without our prior written consent.
CONTINUE TO PAGE 2/2
Next Page >